2013 Planner Prep + New Inserts

07 December 2012

Since moving into my Holborn, I feel like I haven't quite fully "settled in". A midst planning, I have been taking things out, adding things in, and rearranging everything. With the coming of the new year, I've been in more of a frenzy to get everything planner perfect and ready for 2013.

I'm always on the lookout for new planner inserts and am prone to stuff anything I find planner related into my Filofax. Anything from random note papers/stickies I find whilst shopping, plastic inserts (you can never have enough of these), to diary/calendar pages with interesting layouts.

Davinci diary inserts for 2013

So, when I saw these diary inserts on several Flickr streams, I knew I had to get some to try out for myself. If you're not already familiar with these, they are the Davinci inserts and you can get them from here--an online market that sells all sorts of goodies from various shops in Japan. Apparently, Davinci sells a whole line of lovely planners and inserts which you can also purchase online. Just a bit of FYI on the ordering process though, you'll want the Bible size inserts which will fit into the personal size Filofax. Most e-mail confirmations I received were sent in Japanese. With the help of Google Translate I was able to read my e-mails with no problem and my order arrived in good time (about a week and some days).

Finally, a layout I like!

What drew me to these particular diary pages was its layout. As you can see, you have your whole week displayed to your left with the weekends at the bottom, a handy notes section on your right with an area for making lists (complete with tick boxes!), and a monthly view at the bottom for reference. The inserts are printed on cream colored paper, and run from December 2012 to March 2014. The only thing I didn't like about them was that the paper they're printed on runs pretty thin, much like Filofax's white diary inserts. Not a super big problem for me but, if you're particular about that, these inserts aren't for you. Also, the weekends are given a much smaller space for planning and, because these are from Japan, holidays are written in Japanese and may not include the standard U.S. holidays. Otherwise, I like them very much and I'm excited to put them to use once the new year begins.

I also purchased the Week on Two Pages format in case I change my mind later and want to move back. They're very much like Filofax's Week on Two Pages only the weekends are given their equal space on paper. Unfortunately, paper quality is also the same.

Plenty of room for planning out the weekend!

In a previous post, I raved about my current dividers which I found at a local Japanese Market called Marukai. They sell an assortment of things, most of which are also imported from Japan. I love this place and am grateful for this and a number of other Japanese markets in San Diego. I used to live in Japan (my dad being in the military, my family and I were stationed there for a good five years) and stepping into these stores always brings forth fond memories of my time there. Plus, it's nice to be able to purchase things like certain foods and stuff that you might not find in your local grocers/market. But, I digress. These dividers are great! They're made of thin plastic which I prefer over paper ones as they'll hold up longer. I liked these so much that I made sure to purchase several of them to keep for later. Unfortunately, I may have bought Marukai's complete inventory of dividers (there weren't that many to begin with) and they haven't replaced them since (I know because I check frequently). So, I'm excited to have found these dividers online (also purchased from here).

Top Tabbed Dividers (Left) and 10-Tab Dividers (Right).

The first set are top tabbed dividers (bottom tabbed if flipped over) made of a very, very thin, see-through plastic. They are blank but come with pre-printed labels. The other set are regular 10 tab dividers made of really thick card stock. These are also blank but come with no labels. The 10 tab dividers will go straight to my treasure trove of planner inserts for future use but the top tabbed dividers will replace the ones I made to mark the sub-sections in my planner. Although the Avery-tabs-stuck-onto-plastic-flyleafs set-up I'm currently using for my sub-sections work just fine, I like the idea of having a more solid divider. Plus everything looks more neat, put together, and streamlined which I really like.

Sub-sections made with Avery tabs and plastic flyleafs. These will be replaced.

There might be a bit more rearranging to do and some purging of old inserts I don't care to bring into the new year but, so far, I'm pretty satisfied with Ms. Holborn's overall set-up. However, I can't promise that anymore changes won't be made because they most likely will. She's quite stuffed at the moment but, I think most of her plumpness is due to the fact that I'm using her as a wallet as well. I don't normally like to use my planner as a wallet but I'm currently in wallet limbo and on the lookout for a new one. If it weren't for my indecisiveness and my strict standards/requirements for a new wallet (more on that later), I would have found one already. Until then, Ms. Holborn will have to do. Thank goodness for her many pockets! Oh, how I love this Filofax. ♥

Anyway, have you started your planner prepping for the new year? If so, which inserts do you plan on using? Be sure to share in the comments below and, as always, thanks for stopping by.

9 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. They are definitely money well spent! I may just go back and purchase more.

      Delete
  2. I am also loving those dividers! I am def tempted to make the purchase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, go, go! They're definitely worth it. :)

      Delete
  3. at the website from Japan, what category did you look for planner page inserts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I didn't search in any category but instead typed "davinci bible size" or "davinci refill" in the search field. It took awhile to find them myself.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I love the inserts, the week on one page with notes. I may have to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were your dividers pre-printed or you pronted on them? I love all these japanese stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the top tab and blue dividers came with pre-printed labels but I didn't like them so I made my own using my labeling machine.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...