Hey There, Lovely!

04 December 2012

Apparently, my hands have a mind of their own and may have bid on this here Filofax Piccadilly on eBay and won it. It must have been while I was deep into one of my television shows or favorite book or whatever. These sneaky hands! If it weren't for the fact that the Filofax was won at a fairly decent price, and if weren't for the fact that it's a lovely green Filofax, and I have always wanted a green planner, I may have been very, very disappointed.

Anyway, isn't she just lovely and all vintage-y? I was very happy to have received her in such good condition considering she was bought used. Save for a few "love marks" here and there--a minuscule scratch on her front cover (you'll barely notice it), some marks on one of her pen loops that look like it may have been ink, and a tear along the side of her rings--she looks great. In fact, I think she wears her scars well and they just add to her overall beauty. It just goes to show that her previous owner must have loved her tons and used her regularly.

I just adore the Piccadilly's color and, for once, I might have captured her true colors in my photos. I don't know why, but the green puts a smile to my face. It kind of reminds me of watermelon flavored lollipops and Jolly Rancher candies. Just yummy! It's vibrant, and it's fun.

She's got eight wonderful card slots down the inside cover, a full-length pocket behind that, and a zip pocket on the back. The leather is smooth yet grainy and is reminicent of Ruby, the red Finsbury. It's a shame this range of Filofax is no longer around. I wish I knew more about them such as what year they came out, their retail value, and what colors they came in.

As I am an "all-in-one-place" type of planner gal, and because I am very much still enamored with the beautiful, Ms. Holborn, I don't have any set plans yet for the lovely Piccadilly. Because of her cheery color, I had thought of saving her for the Spring/Summer seasons. Like my bags, I like the thought of switching up my planner every now and then. Plus, I tend to get bored (not the case with Ms. Holborn yet) so, switching things up is nice. Another good thing about having everything in one place? Switching planners is easy-peasy. But, the Spring/Summer seasons seem so far away and this Filofax is much too pretty to stow away for later. I did toy with the idea of putting together a Filofax made specifically for blogging purposes. You know, a place where I could store ideas, drafts, and tasks for this blog as well as another that's in the works (a blog I'm super excited about but, more on that when the time comes!). Seeing as I already have a perfectly organized blog section in my beloved Holborn, the idea of creating a separate Filofax went quickly out the window. Having to refer to several planners for different things seems too much work to me. I like all my stuff in one place, thankyouverymuch. For the meantime, the Piccadilly will have to stay perched atop my desk where I can gaze at her loveliness, and imagine her all plump and stuffed with information whilst running my fingers across her leather.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of "green planners", I might as well mention that my hands may have also bid on a jade green, A5 Finchley, and may have won it, too. In fact, it might be on it's way to me as we speak. I know, I know. Weren't we just talking about having everything all in one place? What on earth I'm going to do with an A5 is besides me. These hands, I tell you. *eye roll*

Anyway, are you a blissful owner of a Piccadilly or know more information on this range? If so, do share in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you! As always, thanks for reading and have a splendid rest of the week, everyone! See you on Friday.

10 comments :

  1. I love that color too. I have an emerald a5 finsbury that I just love! Wish they made more 'clear' colors now. Many are more muted, and greyed...

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, more bright solid colors would be great. If the Holborn came out in more colors, I'd be in Planner Heaven!

      Delete
  2. So cool! I own a Personal Picadilly in the most gorgeous blue - to me it's the perfect size. I bought it on a trip to London back in the 90s. I would still use it but the tab closure is very worn... Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90's, wow! That's awesome. Mine shows signs of wear as well but I love that about her. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    it looks great! wanted a green piccadilly also, but got a green Windsor instead, because it wasn't available anywhere.
    Enjoy your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like my dream Filo! I'd love to lay my hands on one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stalk eBay like a hawk for Filo's like this. You might get lucky one day. :)

      Delete
  5. Wait, there are green - proper green - filofaxes available somewhere? I've resorted to buying other brands to get my green fix :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, the Piccadilly! It is actually available in the colors green (duh!), yellow, bright red (almost orangy), bright blue and black! Don't know about the exact age, but the leather is very nice indeed!Enjoy your beauty...!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...