Olivia, The Osterley

28 December 2012


Happy Friday! Hope everyone's holidays was merry and bright!

My friend, who is an over-the-top-borderline-obsessive-planner-junkie like myself (if not more) gave me--gave me!--this lovely grey personal Osterley. Eeek! I just love how that rolls across my tongue. Osterley. OST-erley. Ossssterrrrley....

She mentioned something about having way too many planners and needing a planner-detoxification-or-other (which almost sounds absurd to me now that I think about it). I forget the rest of her explanation because at that point, my mind went completely blank out of sheer shock over the fact that I was being given an Osterley. There are no words to describe my extreme gratitude and excitement!

To say this Filofax is lovely would be an understatement. She is utterly stunning! In a classy, refined, and demure kind of way. This Filofax oozes exquisiteness. She's like that one friend who wears only high-end designer clothes, name drops during conversations, has access to all the notorious hot spots, takes you out for dinner at fancy pants restaurants, and says stuff like "oh, dah-ling!" and "ta-ta, for now".

This Filofax is all prim and proper, from her Croc print Italian leather and contrast stitching, down to the little bronze button on her clasp. It'd be nice if her rings matched the brushed metal of her exterior though. In fact, nothing in her insides match at all what with the contrasting leathers. But, I kind of like that about her.

The grey is on the lighter end and appears almost purplish under certain lighting. Or maybe that's all in my head as purple is my favorite color. Regardless, I like the grey. It's a nice change from all the reds/browns of my recent Filofax. And with the Piccadilly now a part of my collection, my search for the perfect green planner is over, making way for my recently developed grey/black planner phase. This Osterley is the perfect start to that as it has a mix of both.

I don't normally name inanimate objects that I own but, I christened her Olivia nonetheless because, well, I can and I like the name. It's got a fancy ring to it, Olivia. And fancy is definitely what this Filofax is. I don't plan on moving into the Osterley just yet (still quite comfortable in my Crimson Malden) but she definitely has a spot in the Filofax rotation. I'll keep you all posted!

10 comments :

  1. If I only had all the money in the world...

    It's a beautiful planner. You are so lucky to have gotten it for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a present!!! You must be so very happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! At first I said, "WHAT! How did she get a PURPLE Osterley!" Then, as I read a little further, you said it was Grey! This is nice. I might have to put this on my wish list! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like purple, too. I'd gladly pay full-price for a purple Osterley. :)

      Delete
  4. What a gift!!!! Fabulous! This binder is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky girl, that is one beautiful binder !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you move into Olivia yet? I'm debating to get this or the personal purple Malden. Please tell me your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, very briefly, to try her out. She's a lovely Filofax and worth having in any collection. However, if you're one to stuff your Filofaxes, you might want to go with the Malden. When I transferred my things from my Malden over to the Osterley, I had to take out a few things because I could barely close the clasp and didn't want to ruin her by over stuffing.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...