On a Binder Binge

11 January 2013

It has definitely been a very good mail week! I mentioned very briefly in my last post how I won several binders on ebay. Without further ado, here are the first two (yes, there's more!)

Personal Finchley in Purple & Compact Franklin Covey Aurora (?) Binder.

I've always wanted a Finchley but because the one store that claims to carry a "vast range of Filofaxes" in my city was sadly lacking (the store clerks definition of vast meant a narrow stand containing a handful of Classics, Finsburys, and Dominos) I've had to succumb to watching YouTube videos, and looking at peoples lovely photos of theirs on blogs and on Flickr feeds. I really wanted either the teal or imperial purple Finchley so when I saw the latter on eBay, I went for it.

This lovely binder also caught my attention. It is a compact Franklin Covey full grain leather binder in a scrumptious caramel tan. After reading this post and drooling over photos, I was very surprised and excited to see the very same one up for bid. What can I say? For many years, FC has always been there to help keep me on top of my game. Despite my current Filofax fixation, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the FC brand.

Love the magnetic clasp. I prefer this over the chunky buckled clasps some FC binders have. 

Now, I won't even bother going into full review mode on either binder as there are plenty of photos, videos, and reviews out there already if you're interested. But, I will leave you with a few more pictures. Enjoy.


Can I get a "whoo-hoo!" for TWO pen loops? :)

Big, beautiful, golden rings. 

Speaking of pictures, the Filofax Photo-a-day Challenge has been quite a success and I enjoy seeing everyone's lovely snapshots of their Filos on the web. Keep'em comin', everyone. Keep'em comin'!

8 comments :

  1. HI Carla! OHH I am eyeing that Franklin!!! lol LOve the purple FF too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm sure you are. ;) How's Kermit doing?

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I have the Finchley Imperial purple in A5. If you're ever looking for a pocket finchley.. I have one for sale in the Antique rose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that Franklin Covey binder if you ever feel like being parted from it ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to join the chorus! Love that FC binder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever decide to sell that FC binder please let me know, I have a few FF's I would trade or buy it out right :) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a sickness. It's official. I NEED that FC Aurora. GORGEOUS! And no, there isn't one to be had ANYWHERE in that luscious color. :::sigh:::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, the lovely Aurora. One of the few planners I had that I regret selling. Fortunately, Auroras will pop up every blue moon on eBay. But, I haven't seen one in this particular color in a while.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...