The League of Super Filos

04 January 2013

While rifling through our desk drawers, its contents including several boxed Filofaxes (all currently on a mini vacay until the next rotation), my husband asked me the craziest question ever: Why do you have so many of these things?

I immediately thought, what is this jibberish coming out of his mouth? It was the most absurd question I had ever heard of because, well, is there such a thing as having too many Filofaxes? That's like me saying "I have way too many bags" or "I own too many pairs of shoes". It's nonsense! I must have had a blank look on my face for a second there because my husband was staring at me with a worried look on his face. As if I had no clue what he was talking about, he gestures over to the black boxes neatly stacked in the drawer. I quickly think of what I could say to make him, Mr. Why-Write-Things-Down-Isn't-That-What-Your-iPhone's-For?, understand.

You see, babe, these THINGS are called planners. Filofaxes, to be exact, and, yes, I do have a lot of them. Although they are all the same planner in your eyes, they each are very unique in their own way and each one has special powers. Take the Holborn, for example, with its many pockets for carrying those extra tid bits of information while you're on the go. Or the Malden, the trusted leader of the pack, with its soft, malleable leather that seems forever expanding to allow more lists, and more notes. These and the others make up a league of super organizational tools. Kinda like the Fantastic Four or The Avengers that you're so fond of (there are many members, some of which are unknown and have yet to assemble!). An alliance of sorts, these Filofaxes are here to save the helpless and unorganized citizens of the world. Like moms/wives who have to hold down careers, clean house, care for children, keep track of finances, organize projects, schedule appointments, and remember birthdays and special occasions. And, that's why I have so many of these "things". Some people have Filofax collections, others have Filofax families. I have a League of Super Filos.

Of course, I didn't say this because my dear husband would probably think OH. MY. GOODNESS. My wife has gone MAD. Besides, no amount of explaining or justification would make him understand. So, I kept it simple: "Because I like them, babe. Because I. Like. Them."

And on with our day we went. Thank goodness for the hundreds of others out there (like you, my lovely reader!) who do understand. :)

10 comments :

  1. Oh I love this post! I so get the league of superfilos.... The Malden is Iron Man, sexy, laid back and oh so clever. A Kendal would be Thor, rugged and super strong. The Holborn must be Hawkeye with a pocket for every purpose. The Amazona (?) is the Black Widow, smooth sophisticated and black. The Hulk? Any A5, really. And that only leaves Captain America...... Don't know. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think Captain America would have to be that one Filofax loved by all. I thought the Malden would be Captain A. as it is quite popular but then again there are the majority (minority?) that don't understand why the Malden is so appealing. Tough but good question...

      Delete
  2. Perhaps the Malden is Captain America and the Ostrich is Iron Man then? Too expensive for most but darn it how I'd love to be able to afford him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Tony Stark (Iron Man) is portrayed as a character that is super wealthy so the Osterley would be perfect! Lol.

      Delete
  3. Funny post! And yes, there is a League of Filofax users out there who understand! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so would have gone with the superhero comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your FF collection. I have the ochre malden & plum osterley, but I'm deciding between the grey osterley & red malden myself. Out of the two which one do you like best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Crimson Malden hands down. I've always loved the Malden range. The personal Ochre was my very first Filofax but I had to sell her when I purchased the Crimson one.

      Delete
  6. Thanks! I just placed my order for a crimson malden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You won't regret it. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...