Going Baroque

08 February 2013

It's exactly where I'm headed with this Filofax frenzy that I'm on (get it? Going Baroque?). :)

Speaking of, I'm very happy to have this little beauty in my possession. As mentioned before, owning a Baroque has been top of my Filofax wish list. I had been looking everywhere for one with no luck and those people who already own a Baroque weren't willing to let go of theirs. I almost couldn't believe it when, just days after I set my eBay app on my iPhone to notify me of any listings that matched my saved searches for a "Filofax baroque", I heard the "ping" of my phone (like music to my ears) with the message "new item listed matching FILOFAX BAROQUE now available" on my cellphone screen. I nearly pounced on my phone, almost knocking it off of the bedside table, and giving my husband (who was watching this all happen) more reason to believe that his wife is crazy. My fingers couldn't open the app any faster. I was a teeny-weeny bit disappointed though to find it was a pocket size Baroque that was listed and not a personal size. And you know what's crazy? After contacting the seller and asking if he/she happened to have a Baroque in personal size for sale, the seller informed me that he/she had just listed one that morning and I totally missed it! I was even given the link to the original listing as evidence. Curse the whole time difference thing! Anyway, at the price the pocket was being sold for, there was no way I was going to let it go.

I'm super glad that I did! Until I received it I had never seen a Baroque in person. Just spent countless hours drooling over photos of them online and reading about them on various blog sites. I was surprised at how soft the leather is and how much its floppiness reminds me of the Malden. The leather of the Baroque feels much smoother though. The teal is a beautiful color, muted and not too bright which is exactly how I hoped it would be. It's coming off as a bit light blue in my photos but it definitely has a hint of green. And the inside, the details! Oh, the gorgeous, intricate details. This Filofax is truly a special one. And after this, I am that much more determined to get my hands on one in personal size. Preferably one in black now that I have the lovely Teal in my possession. So, should any of you Baroque-ians decide to part with your beloved Filofax, please, pretty please, keep me in mind?

Anyway, it will be joining the rest of The League along with the pocket purple Malden I recently purchased on a whim that I planned on returning but decided not to in the end. Oh, did I not mention the pocket Malden? I must have forgotten. Oops. ;)

Now, I know I said I was all about the personal size Filofaxes/planners. Swore up and down even that none of the other sizes would cut it for me and that the pocket size was especially way too small for my liking. So, what on earth are two pocket Filofaxes doing in my collection? Good question! And one I'll answer in my next post. For now, revel in the beauty that is the Baroque and I will see you again soon. ♥

17 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Your day will come, my dear. :D

      Delete
  2. I wish Filofax would listen to the waves of Baroque Love out there and bring the model back. I have a pocket teal too but would so love an A5. And in purple it would be soooo divine! So many people out there love their Baroques they would sell really well if reissued!

    http://thisbugslife.com/2013/01/25/fotd-1-mini-teal-baroque/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Purple is my favorite color! Your mini Baroque is adorable.

      Delete
  3. Hi there!
    Love the fact you already have 2 pockets... LOL
    But why stick to just one size! I'm a bit fickle myself... I'd gotten myself a Pocket Deco and ended up exchanging it for a Personal Malden! oooh those Maldens!!!

    Good luck on your new little ones. The purple Malden looks lovely too!!! It's the only color Malden that's missing in my current collection.. but I just can't justify getting one..
    Or could I? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can justify getting one for you...it's the ONLY ONE that you don't have so you might as well! Plus, it's a Malden. That there says it all. How's that for enabling? LOL.

      Delete
  4. Hahaaa...did you get it from R.Martini??
    I asked her time ago that I am longing for a personal Baroque...then she sent me a note,that she put it in Ebay for me - but my Smartphone was not working in that area I worked at that time*GAAA*,so somebody just bought it right away!!Believe me:I was close to smash my §$&&%&%§ phone!! The she also sent me a picture of that pocket one,I think 1-2 days later...
    I recieved a personal Baroque in pink though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! And I can't believe I just missed the personal size in the same color! I was so disappointed. But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I saw a the pink personal Baroque listed a long time ago and hesitated to bid on it. I thought perhaps it was too pink for me. Is it a really bright hot pink or a more muted color? Anyway, I'd love to get my hands on a personal black one. The search continues...

      Delete
    2. You know what??The Personal teal Baroque popped up on the Philofaxy-facebook-group*LOL*I told her to watch my baroque-youtube-video - and now I know where the two teals have gone ;o))
      I will get one,in 1-2 days*jaaaaa*

      Delete
    3. You're getting a personal Teal Baroque?!!! Lucky! I must have missed that, too. Now that I've seen the Teal in person, I think I would prefer a black one.

      Delete
  5. I've never seen that one before. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Baroques are trully special.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. That teal colour is soooo pretty, I hope you manage to find a personal size if that's the one on your wish list. I love the purple Malden too, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing & that Malden is fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, Anita, for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  8. I know what u felt like I've been looking at the teal baroque for a while I wanted the personal size. Finally somebody in the forum had one that was willing to swap for a personal amazona in red. The only problem I didn't own an amazona in red. So I posted on the philofaxy forum that I was looking for an amazona and somebody messages me that they were selling one. So I bought it and then the person swapping the baroque was willing to par with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...