A Happy Filofax Friday, Indeed!

26 April 2013

Call off the search, folks, for I have found my beloved Baroque! *happy, happy dance*

I won't even go into how much I have been wanting this particular Filofax and how long I've been searching for it. Or how often I've checked both eBay and the Philofaxy Adspot with no success at all. And let's not forget the whole "almost but not quite" incident with Filofax Italy that I briefly mentioned before.

No. I realized that waiting for the Baroque to fall onto my lap or miraculously appear in my hands was simply not going to work. So, I decided to try a different approach--a more proactive one, if you will. One day, I contacted several Filofax sites and kindly asked each one if they happened to have a Baroque for sale. In just a few days, I received a response from a kind sales agent all the way in Switzerland who informed me that they happened to have one Baroque left in the color pink. Ooh, so close! If you recall, I was looking for one in black and, though pink is a lovely color, I wasn't sure it was right for me. I had to make a choice and I had to make it quick. I figured that, if the color didn't work out, I could either sell it, trade it, or find a worthy recipient who likes the color. Mothers Day is around the corner, after all. So, seeing as how there was no going wrong with making the purchase, I decided to go for it.

And I am incredibly happy that I did! The pink is actually a lovely rose shade and not so Pepto-Bismol-Barbie-Threw-Up-All-Over pink (which is what I was afraid it might be). It's very pretty! I have yet to move in and instead have spent most of yesterday stroking its soft leather. Its details are simply gorgeous.

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly share the good news. I leave you now with yesterdays unboxing video. Happy (Filofax) Friday!

11 comments :

  1. Oh the inside is so pretty, I can see why you wanted this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very special, indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! You got one!! You've joined the Baroque-club... you'll never look back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you!
    The Baroque is so beautiful on the inside! But I really don't like how it looks on the outside :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its outsides definitely don't do its insides justice. But, I think that's the appeal of the Baroque, the simple style of its exterior and then the intricate details of the inside. Perfect combination in my opinion. :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Baroques are sooo squidgy and tactile <3 Lots of photos/videos please when you've moved in ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Applause!!!! You must have gotten really lucky. When I ca or email other countries they are out of stock or they tell me to contact Filofax USA. It is misleading when some sites still show a picture of it on their website even though they do not have stock for it. Lucky indeed! Glad everything worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really beautiful. I have never seen one in person but the leather looks luxurious! I know you will enjoy it and the color is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of pink but the inside is sooooo beautiful! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...