Kate Spade Wellesley Agenda

10 May 2013

This Kate Spade Wellesley agenda arrived in the mail a few days ago from a seller on eBay. I had been keeping an eye out for this style agenda in this particular color for quite some time. Having recently sold my original Kate Spade Wellesley Zip agenda in Emerald green (gorgeous color, but those darn zip binders and I just don't mesh well), I wanted to try the open binder instead. This time, in the Geranium color, which is a very vibrant red. I am happy to have won it and at a fairly good price, too.

The quality of the leather is superb. It's smooth yet grainy, not too stiff or too soft. It doesn't quite lie flat brand new, but if it's anything like my previous Wellesley agenda, it will start to lie flat after some use. There is white contrast stitching all around the edges of the planner and along the strap which is adorned with a Kate Spade New York Logo in gold colored print. Despite all the photos I've looked at online and despite already having owned a Welllesley agenda, I was still pretty surprised at how beautiful this planner is in person.

Its interior boasts a combination of leather and cream fabric lining with gold polka-dots. There are plenty of pockets and hidden compartments for storing cards, papers, and random treasures. I'm not too crazy about the pen loop which is too small to hold anything fatter than my pencil. But, then again, I'm used to disappointing pen loops, so this doesn't faze me a bit. Besides, its golden rings more than make up for it. And they measure 30 mm, so there's definitely that extra space.

The agenda came with brand new 2013 inserts which include both a month on two pages, and a week on two pages calendar, five subject tabs (Notes, To Do, Birthdays, Restaurants, and Addresses), A-Z tabs, a ruler, and several other forms that correspond to each of the sections (address sheets, to do lists, birthdays list, etc.). Like many past Kate Spade inserts, each month begins with some kind of pretty design. In celebration of Kate Spade's 20th anniversary, the theme of this years agenda pays tribute to her favorite things. Here's a look at this months view.

And an overview of the year.

The paper quality is very nice, but I'm just not a very big fan of the overall style and look of the inserts. Though the design is very pretty, it's almost too pretty for me if that makes any sense. I very much prefer plainer inserts and like the idea of adding my own style to the pages of my planner. I also don't care much for the tabbed sections (I don't keep a running list of restaurants I frequent. A quick Google search does that for me) though I'm sure these can be covered up if you wanted to, and relabeled to fit your needs. The forms don't necessarily need to be used for their intended purpose, either. The "Birthdays" lists, for example, would make great note paper and the "Restaurants" inserts could easily be used for listing personal contacts as well.

Overall, it's a very lovely agenda. A true girly-girl planner, if you will, and definitely deserves to be treated like so. It's one I'd probably use sparingly because I'm afraid to damage the leather. Especially the interior which looks like it easily attracts dirt (that cream fabric lining, for example) and is sensitive to scuffs and dings. Still, I am very happy to have the Wellesley on rotation and look forward to putting her to use. With all the new Filofax ranges coming out in the next couple of months, I wonder what new style of agendas Kate Spade has in store next?

20 comments :

  1. Not a fan of the pink BUT those gold rings and little dots?! OhEmGee!! Love this planner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Geranium is actually a bright red. Like the flower. I'm not a fan of pink, either. But I do LOVE gold rings! Wish all my Filofaxes came with it.

      Delete
  2. You are killing me with these gorgeous planners! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no!!! *pokes Amanda's slumped body* ;)

      Delete
    2. Hehehe that tickles! ;)

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank goodness. She's not dead! :)

      Delete
  3. It's the dotty lining that gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. The cream fabric and gold dots go well.

      Delete
  4. Hello! Just stopping by to say I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! The details are in this post: http://penspencilsandproteinpowder.blogspot.com/2013/05/nominated-for-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate Spade makes some truly gorgeous planners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I was wondering if you still had this planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm sorry, but I've sold this planner and most planners on this blog except for ones featured in my current posts. Wish I hadn't sold this though because I know how hard they are to find.

      Delete
    2. Oh I know. I actually just now noticed that this post was from last year. At first I thought it was this year. I cannot find one of these anywhere, and its making me crazy, LOL. I want one so bad. But I did hear from someone on the Kate Spade Planner Club on FB that KS is supposed to come out with more this fall. How true this is, I have no idea, but I sure do hope so :))

      Thanks for the quick reply :)

      Delete
    3. That's definitely great news! KS makes very cute planners. I SO wish I held onto this one. But, I've moved up to an A5 recently and don't think I'll ever go back anytime soon. This, like a lot of my planners, would probably just end up collecting dust on a shelf so it's a good thing I re-homed it. Can't wait to see what KS has in store this Fall! :)

      Delete
  7. Can't really tell if this is red or pink but if its pink do you still have it and will you be willing to let sell it or trade other kate spade planner or tiffany jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is the red and, unfortunately, I've sold her away a long time ago. I found her on eBay so keep an eye out as the Kate Spades are now very hard to buy!

      Delete
  8. Hi there! Are you interested in selling your KS planner? I'm interested if you are. mialovesbrandon@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I no longer own this planner. Sold it a long time ago I'm afraid. Sorry!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...