Yay, for Awesome Dads!

16 June 2013

The first thing I see when I open my planner is a small Instagram photo of my husband and son taken one Summer day by the pool. It's a candid shot, so you can't really see either of their faces. It is also very old--taken when my son was about 10 months old, and he's now just months away from his 2nd birthday! But, I probably won't be updating this photo to a more recent one anytime soon. Why? Because, one, I tend to procrastinate on these things and, two, well, this photo just makes me smile.

Every now and then, while my husband is playing with my son and doing what fathers and sons do best (mostly rough housing, throwing things, and making weird bodily noises), I stop whatever it is I'm doing, and just watch. Most of the time they're unaware that I'm watching or are just too engrossed in each other that they don't even notice me. And for a few seconds, I get to see this beautiful relationship unfold before me. It's these stolen moments of the two of them that I cherish the most. These are the moments that pull at my heart strings and also make me fall in love with my husband all over again.

When we were dating, I knew that, one day, he'd make a good father. And, ever since the day Milk Monster entered our lives, he has done nothing but prove that I was (and am always :D) right. I am truly blessed and thankful to have him by my side not just as my husband, but also a partner in this wonderful/hectic/special/crazy/beautiful world of parenting. And, my son will one day learn just how blessed he is to have such an awesome dad.

To awesome dads all over the world, Happy Fathers Day

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...