Yay, for New Beginnings

01 January 2014

Two years ago, I traded my New Years Eve party hat and sparkly shoes for flannel PJ's and a pair of warm, fuzzy socks. Not that the hat and fancy shoes were being used frequently (I'm a homebody for the most part). Still, ringing in the new year no longer involved crazy parties, bottles of bubbly pink Rosé, and a house packed with friends all trying to remember the words to "Auld Lang Syne". Now, my New Years Eve shinanigans usually involve peaceful (or as peaceful as a house with a toddler can get), quality time with the people who matter most to me--my husband, our Milk Monster, and now the little one inside me who, I'm sure what with all the kicking, is having a little celebration of his own. Just all of us, decked in PJ's, snuggled together in our queen size bed, watching wild New Years Eve parties on tv. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else or welcome in 2014 in any other way.

A lot has definitely changed since becoming a mother and starting my own family. And every new year brings forth more change and growth. It's an opportunity for starting new things. A years worth full of possibilities, some good and some bad. It's a scary thing, the unknown. But, I always welcome change and all that comes with it, and actually look forward to what this new year has in store for me.

I hope you had a fabulous new year surrounded by the people you love and cherish the most. Hello, 2014! Here's to new beginnings and a blessful new year.

And, if you haven't started already, January's Filofax Photo-a-Day Challenge begins, today! Join in on the fun and get snapping! You might even win something. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...