First Look: The Electric-Blue-But-Looks-Sorta-Purple Finsbury

22 August 2014

When I learned that Filofax was bringing back the Finsbury range this season in an "Electric Blue" color, and after finding out that a good friend and fellow plannerd of mine had recently purchased one for herself, I just had to see it in person. I had a Finsbury before that I quite liked so was already familiar with this particular Filofax. But, it wasn't the actual planner that I was dying to see, but rather this "Electric Blue" that seemed to call my name every time photos of it popped up on the web. Fortunately for me, my friend was kind enough to let me borrow hers for a day before moving into it so that I could see this new color for myself. "I ab-so-LUTELY love it!" she practically squeals over the phone. "But, I hate to tell you, it's not really blue."

Of course she was right and I sort of knew this having read a few reviews on it already. It's not really blue. At least, not the bright cobalt-y blue you see online. It's more on the purplish side than the bluish and, what's even crazier is that this is all dependent on lighting. If you were expecting a bright blue planner, you might be disappointed. I for one like purple. But, I would also have liked the blue depicted in so many stock photos. With this planner, you kind of get both.

If you've never seen a Finsbury in person or have never read any of the reviews on it online, the leather is very pebbly. It's also somewhat structured. Not at all squishy, floppy, and flexible like, say, a Malden. Brand new, it doesn't lay flat but will so with some time. This is pretty standard for all Finsbury's as I have had both a personal and A5 at one point that both needed some training before they laid somewhat flat. On the left side you have 6 card slots plus a large full-width pocket, and a zippered pocket on the right hand side along with the one pen loop. The pen loop is all leather and also not very generous so it won't fit any fat pens. As this is a personal size, the silver rings measure at a standard 23 mm. The Electric Blue Finsbury is also available in A5.


Here's more of that Electric-Blue-But-Looks-Sorta-Purple color.




I've tried my darndest to capture its true colors with my camera. I thought my attempts were quite close, but having looked over these photos several times now while putting this post together, they're starting to look a lot more blue on my computer screen. Oh, well. Overall, I think it's a pretty shade and can understand my friends instant crush. I'm also liking the whole chameleon effect it's got going on. Is it purple? Is it blue? Or is it both?

I definitely say purple, but more on the vibrant ("electric"?) side of the spectrum compared to the purple Finsbury that came out several years ago. If you're looking to add another purple Filofax or planner to your collection, this one's definitely worth checking out.

What do you think about this new color? Leave your comments below and, as always, thanks for stopping by. See you next Friday!

4 comments :

  1. I purchased this one! It was one of the colors and styles that popped out at me while I drooled over planners on the Filofax site. Then I found it on amazon.com for SUPER cheap so I figured it was meant to be. This is my first personal Filofax so I'm still trying to work it into my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color was definitely what grabbed my attention, too. I've been in a "blue" mood, lately. And yay for super cheap deals! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your review Car. I'm really interested in seeing this in person and see how it compares to my Purple Finsbury. From what I've seen in pictures, it reminds me of the Ultra Violet Domino color, but a little more blue. Your photos are great! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I was totally thinking of you when I was doing this review! I really think this would look awesome in your collection! I don't think my photos do its real color justice which is a very vibrant purple. I want to say it makes the original Purple Finsbury look more lilac if placed side by side. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...