Return of The Malibu + The Quest Continues

26 September 2014

I once purchased a Malibu by Day Timer a while back after reading a blog post that had me quite interested. I did a quick review on that one which you can read here. I don't know exactly what it was about this planner, whether it was the plum color I had chosen or the fact that, at the time, I was completely blinded by the Malden. Whatever the reason, I just wasn't crazy about it. In my search for the perfect on-the-go planner and companion to my Van der Spek, and after hearing the rave reviews on the Malibus from various users, and after discovering that my beloved inserts would fit perfectly in them, I decided to give the Malibu another chance. Plus, I was kind of curious to see this particular color in person.

This is the portable size (personal in Filofax terms) Malibu in Cayenne. I don't think my photos do it justice because the color is GOR-GEOUS!

It's a true coral/salmon-y color. More on the orange side of the spectrum than the pink. But, don't quote me on all that because I'm horrible at describing colors. I absolutely love the color! But, there's that buckle again. Not really loving that. Honestly, is this some sort of planner fashion decision thing I don't quite understand? Is there always that go-to person on the design team that's like, "you know what that planner needs? It needs a buckle! Let's put a buckle on it! They'll love the buckle!" If so, we seriously need to stop asking that person for his/her opinion. I know, I know. That was kind of mean. And it really comes down to personal preference. Some people actually love the buckle, yadda, yadda, yadda...

I suppose it's not too bad. It's not as bulky and clunky as some of the ones you find on other planners (yes, you, Franklin Covey!). And if it seriously drives you nuts, it's removable.

I don't want to go into the specifics of the binder as I've already covered that before. It's really a great planner, and putting in a pack of lined note paper and an old set of monthly tabs from Franklin Covey that I happened to have stored away reassures me that the inserts do fit quite nicely. They don't stick out at all which is weird because Day Timer portable inserts are the same size as Filofax personal inserts. You'd think the wider FC inserts would stick out like a sore thumb like they do in most Filofaxes, but no. They fit just right!

Finally, a planner that looks and feels nice, and fits the inserts of my choice.

But...

Yes, another "but". I'm just not 100% on board that this is the winning solution. I love it. Just not love love it, yaknowwhatImean?

Anyway, I might-maybe-sorta already have an idea as to what I'd like to consider for my on-the-go planner. But, I'll have to save it for next weeks post. Until then, I leave you with just one more photo of the beautiful Cayenne. I gathered a few items to hopefully better depict its true color. You know, in case you're in the market for a Malibu planner and just can't decide which of the available colors to choose.

Until next week, happy Friday, y'all! :)

3 comments :

  1. I love this color and it is definitely on my wish list (in Desk size)....if I get it then I will have to do another ring transplant ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the famous Dr. Kerrie Lynn. I hear you do great work. ;) It really is a beautiful color! It was hard to let go of it, but pretty binders need to be used and I just had no use for it.

      Delete
  2. Great post. I have this one coming and it will be the first of the 'floppy' planners I will check out. I have been stalking the maldens forever but was just waiting for a good price on one. thought i'd give this one a go first as a try since I got it for a good deal during a flash sale. At least I know if I like it, I can eventually get a Malden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...