Return of the Aurora + Hello, Marbell

07 November 2014

I had an Aurora a while back. It was around the time I had first discovered Filofax and so I wasn't really looking for another Franklin Covey binder. It was more of an impulse buy and I soon decided to part ways with it after days of neglect. I have since been looking for another to replace it and having made the jump back to Franklin Covey compact size inserts and planners, I was even more desperate to find one. It had all the features I liked in an FC binder--1.25" gold rings, beautiful, unstructured leather. But the Aurora was an elusive little thing. For me, at least, having had no luck at all on eBay and with no one willing to part with theirs. Until recently, that is, when someone from the Franklin Covey Addicts Facebook group was willing to help a girl out.

Long story short, the Aurora in tan is now back in my possession. And this time she brought a friend!

Here the Aurora is pictured with her bestie, Marbell, another older Franklin Covey model that I didn't know anything about until joining the above Facebook group. After seeing some pretty awesome photos of it online, I was intrigued. Fortunately for me, this very same and wonderful individual who helped me reunite with the Aurora had a Marbell she was willing to part with as well. Here's a quickie solo of her (the binder, of course). She's soft and unstructured and has all sorts of neat little features about her that make her really special.

She definitely deserves a proper first look, but we'll save that for next time. For now, more of the Aurora. ♥







Lately, I've been playing around with the setup in my French Seam (Tailor) binder and decided to move everything into the Aurora to see she how she looked all stuffed. The last time I had an Aurora, I was switching in and out of Filofaxes so my inserts were all in personal size. I remember the narrower inserts looking somewhat awkward inside the wider binder.

If you're thinking of using personal size Filofax inserts inside a Franklin Covey binder, be prepared for that extra space on the sides. Depending on how serious your OCD is, it's not entirely too bad. And the extra space also varies depending on which binder you use as some FC planners are wider than others. On the upside, you have more room to clip in an extra pen or two. Or three.

Now that I'm using true FC Compact size inserts, there's no longer that huge gap between my inserts and pen loops. Everything just seems to fit right as they should.

Anyway, I was able to find some undated monthly and weekly inserts for the month of November and December so I'm extremely happy. I don't have to wait for the new year to start using this planner like I had initially planned. I think the color of the Aurora is perfect for this season, don't you? It's very earthy and warm. I'm thinking crisp fall leaves, pumpkin pie, toffee, cinnamon spices, lattes, caramel squares...

LOVE it! I'm sure there are others who switch out their planners depending on the season, right? What planner have you switched out of and which one are you currently using? I'd love to know in the comments below. Today is Friday! Hope you had/have a good one and that your weekend is just as nice. See you next time!

13 comments :

  1. I know how you feel. I'm getting my pocket Holborn back <3 sellers remorse is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the Holborn. I had one in personal at one point. Those pockets! One of my second favorite Filofaxes. The Malden being my number one, of course. Don't get me started on sellers remorse on that one! :D I've had countless of Malden Ochres in the past because I'd buy-sell-regret every single time. If only I could be okay with my FC inserts sticking out a bit, I'd probably buy another Malden!

      Delete
  2. It is very "earthly and warm"! And Aurora really does remind me of caramel! It looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This planner is absolutely gorgeous! Warm tones for planners are my favourite for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or three (pens) - love it! When I'm in my FC binder, I keep a stack of personal paper at the back to allow more room for pens.

    I'm about to change into a maroon binder - the Filofax Panama in Pocket size. Now that work is split back off into a FC Classic, The Personal is feeling a bit overkill. And the Panama has been on my wish list for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only seen photos of the Panama. Looks very lush. The ones with old rings always get me. ;)

      Delete
  5. I only JUST switched from the tan Aurora into the Green Marbella like yours above. I am not a huge fan of the sideways pocket design on the left inside cover though so I will probably switch back over soon, but I do love both styles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the green Marbell on someones blog recently. It's so PRETTY! Wish I had known about them when they came out because I think I would have grabbed one in each color available. That back full-length pocket is a must have! :)

      Delete
  6. That is very, very nice! I don't think I've seen a Franklin Covey in person before but the leather looks quite soft and supple. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that looks lovely! I have my eye on the Franklin Covey Quinn binder. Just might make the switch! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog ... just gorgeous!
    Love your monthly coloured tabs - where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...