The Mighty Quinn

06 March 2015

It's been about two months since I made the switch from a Compact size Franklin Covey (4.25" x 6.75" inserts) to a Classic size (5.5" x 8.5" inserts). If you remember, it was the Mia that started it all. Having lasted this long is definitely something worth celebrating because I honestly didn't think it was possible seeing as how back-and-forth I was between the two sizes at the beginning of the year. The Classic has definitely grown on me which is funny because I had originally decided to downsize to a Compact binder because I thought the A5 was too big! But, here I am, and I'm quite content. I don't know why or how, but it just feels right.

And, get this, I've been using the Quinn binder for about a month now! You guys, this is the longest I've been in one binder since returning to Franklin Covey at the end of 2014. I'm really liking this one. I've grown quite comfortable since moving in which is awesome because there were a few things about Ms. Quinn at the beginning that I thought would have me sending her back.

Take, for instance, the structured leather. Even though I already knew this about the Quinn before making the purchase, just how thick the cover would be was still a bit of a surprise to me. It's a solid binder, for sure, but this is something I've actually grown to love. There is a bit of give in the leather now since I've had time to break it in a bit. The construction of the cover allows for the entire binder to lay flat each and every time I open it. And I absolutely love its overall simplicity. Plus, a square spine, and its sleek and streamlined shape makes for a beautiful binder in my eyes.

Having gone through several A5 sized planners in the past, I've learned that the bigger the binder, the more structure I prefer. I'm rarely at my desk or even a table for that matter when I'm using my planner so I need something that'll hold up and not flop about when opened. I've also learned that 1.25" rings is the ideal size for me and is almost a requirement for a binder of this size to work. I do gravitate towards 1.5" on super busy days, but for the most part, 1.25" is more than enough. Smaller rings means I'm not tempted to over stuff my binder and fewer inserts means that the Quinn is easier to carry around. I have even taken her out with me on a few errands which is something I've never done before.

One of the more noticeable things about this binder that I thought would bug the heck out of me was the short strap. Overall, I quite like the simple look of it (translate: yay, no chunky buckles!), but I felt it a bit shorter than what I'm used to and thought it might pose a problem when closing the binder. But, so far, I've had no issues with it even with the rings at max capacity and with two multi-pens in both pen loops.

Having the interior pockets filled also hasn't given me any issues with getting the binder to close. I love the interior layout, but I do find that stuffing every single pocket does add a bit of bulk to the inside cover. I keep my planners at home, so I don't really have much use for the pockets. I have only a few items in the card slots, and some loose papers in both the zippered compartment, and the pocket behind it. I do have a tendency to stuff bills and random folded up documents in the very back notepad pocket, but even with it packed, I still have no issues with closing the binder.

I think the Quinn is an absolutely beautiful binder what with the grey and the gold hardware. My only regret is that I didn't get another one in the Magenta. Despite some of her "flaws", she's a keeper. We probably won't be talking about "planner peace" just yet, but I am in a happy place with the Quinn and have enjoyed using it every day so far. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the Classic size will be it for me in 2015 because I want to eventually add more binders into the mix. Ms. Quinn needs some new friends. :)

Anyway, if you'd like more details on the Quinn, be sure to check out my First Look HERE. Until next time, happy Friday, and here's to a magnificent weekend! Thanks for visiting.

4 comments :

  1. The Compact is my size, but your Quinn is tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Quinn, but I can't imagine carrying that thick binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving how you rock this super chic grey Covey! I gotta ask though, where did you get your monthly dividers? They are to die for! Loving your reviews and setups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The monthly tabs are from the Franklin Covey Month-on-Two page diary. Specifically the Her Point of View line. I love FC for their monthly tabs!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Your comments are much appreciated. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...